Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Artwork of Ellwood T Risk

Ellwood T Risk makes art that combines some of my favorite things. Women and guns. His work has a political and social message but in the end they are powerful images that are there for the viewer to see as they like. I have been fascinated with shooting for the past 7 years. When I travel outside of New York I always find a gun range to go shooting at. This was my initial interest in his work but it goes deeper than that. Ellwood's work uses silhouettes of women and pistol targets, layers of collaged ephemera and resin. They are beautiful and haunting at the same time but most of all, they make me think.

You can see his work here, here, and here.


"The Partisan" 30" x 30"


"Peace, Love, and Happiness" 42" x 96"


"Paper Tiger" 48" x 83"


"Lost" 18" x 24"


"Correctional Facility" 24" x 36"


"Bring Love" 50" x 90"


"Black Sun" 86" x 96"


"Untitled III" 36" x 60"

No comments:

Post a Comment